[P E O P L E]
1. Best friend?
elanna and lovley ladies and all the USYers at the beginning of the year. i still love all of them plus now the trio is my life.
my girls from school, my girls from camp, current roomies and laiahface.
2. Best boyfriend/girlfriend?
3. Lost any friends?
grown apart from some
one, of significance. but hoping that that is not a permanent change. circumstances make our friendship hard right now, but i can't belive that 2009 marks the end of our relationship
4. Gained any friends?
all the silver spring kids are just fabulous, i enjoyed meeting the israel crew,
5. Met a new good friend? dina, miriam, became friends with j-dawg, haha right brock?
gotten closer to many people
[P L A C E S]
1. Went out of the country?
spain, and israel. lucky.
into my dorm at UMD
into my apartment in silver spring
3. New school?
does arrowhead elementary or takoma park elementary count?
4. How many times on an airplane?
oh alot (all from MD to NY or viceversa hehe) accepted students weekend, thanksgiving, funeral, home for winter break
this year...hmm, i think that would be 3 trips: Spain and Israel. OH, and Milwaukee with gemmies!
5. Road trips? none, really
countless trips back and forth from maryland to NY
[Y O U]
1. Have you changed?
i think so
2. New look:
not really. i like to pretend i look a little more put together and less awkward everyyear.
subtle. trying to get more professional and less shlumpy. loving the new tucking shirts into higher waisted skirts thing. mostly same style id say
3. Any new additions?
facebook!!! and being a lyrics slash quote whore
i dont think this question was asking about facebook. OH maybe i read that as addictions. i was a doofus. but no new additions in 2009. what does that mean?
4. Biggest conflict this year?
i hate conflict. idk. oh i called elannas pot ugly that ended pretty bad
its so much easier to remember the more recent things...so the relationship conversation of 09 will certainly live in infamy.
5. Most depressed time this year?
hmmm prob erlier in the year, idk?
comes in waves but never lasts long, went though some days of student-teaching related doubt in october
[L O V E]
1. Did you fall in love?
2. Did you get heartbroken?
3. Who was your summer love?
israel fling. jgreg.
[S E A S O N S]
1. Favorite Season?
2. Least favorite season?
weatherwise, probaly summer. but i cant really dislike it, because it means camp.
3. Good birthday?
yes! it was amzing. random drunk boys + all my CP friends coiming together and getting along so well.
same could apply, but expanded. i loved dinner with friends, piratez tavern ridiculousness with anna, boyf, chana, and yosef, birthday dinner and oneg fun with jason, avtial, mir, and the crew (shortsting the lights!), and going out in DC. besides the kiss that never happened.
- crawling under the summit hills gate
- hanging in martys room
- getting a 28 year old to buy me a drink?
- not talking about my cholestorl
4. Any snow this year?
im sure there was
so much! HUGE storm in maryland, yet we still went to shul and hosted a summit hills party / poker night. loved digging out cars, playing in the snow, watching people dig out, moving a TV (ok that part sucked) etc.
5. Highest temperature? HOT. which made my campers whine. ugh
[F I N A L Q U E S T I O N S]
Met a person who will change ur life
guess we'll find out
Kept your resolution-
i didn't have one, or if i did i dont remember it
Had a first something-
oh gosh, so many firsts this year
few first somethings...nothing signifigant
Did anything illegal
Kissed a boy/girl
Had a crush
well yeah...and numerous fake crushes
like LIKE liked someone? nah
Lost a family member-
miss you grandma
Got bad grades
not at all
not really, but i hang out alot in MD now haha
pretty much living in maryland at this point (besides residency thing)
Got a myspace-
i had mine in 04
things i def dont use anymore: myspace
Learned an instrument-
Started a band
aa rock band?
Spent over 1 million dollars
- haha no
haha dont think so
Done something you shouldn't have-
Kept a secret-
Told a secret-
Done something you totally regret
- not really.
nah, no major regrets here. or regerts.
Changed your view on things
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
alot. hookah, alcohol, other things ;) and other not so naughty things
2010: lived outside of college park, kept kosh
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i don't think i had one.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
my cousins had a beautiful baby girl, darian laina♥:
cousins had caitlyn and now dari has a sister. JoJo was adpoted and HK are having another. and friends had nieces and nephews.
4. Did anyone close to you die? my grandma lee.
no. thank god
5. What countries did you visit?
spain and Israel
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
mayhaps ill finally learn to do the relationship thing.
^hah...good one. still epicly failing at that...would be nice for 2010...if i can stop rejecting every boy i meet.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
october 22. it was my birthday weekend. and oh so much fun.
im not a big date etcher...idk...bday was fab again this year. and the matzah ball on the 25th was pretty epic
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
surving my first semester adn coming out on top
sucessful summer as rosh and first semester of grad school
9. What was your biggest failure?
being petty at times, being a bum
losing a friend over a situation i couldnt really control.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? sar and i developed mental mono haha but thats about it
i got fliuish in march...and had suspected meningitis...well, only really suspected by me
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my laptop <333 and my tacky target bra
new laptop! and my ikea desk. loves it.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
all my girls and ro and dina for keeping taps on my when im being ridiculous
chana and elizabeth for making this apartment wonderful to live in. the girls in NY for going it on their own
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
certain boys, and certain girls
thats an extreme statement...no one in particular.
14. Where did most of your money go?
college apparel & DP doughs haha
food for shabs meals.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
school in general i think.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
sugar, well be going down swinigng.
anything by taylor swift
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? happier. happier?
II. thinner or fatter? perhaps the same same
III. richer or poorer? richer.poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
talking to my family
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
the girls came over and we baked, colored and then watched a man get nailed to a cross.
I went with robin and meliss to the matzah ball. where we were generally absurd, got on the promotional video, found silly boys, played with mike and mitch, won a rubber duckie, then went back to sleep at jusin(/avis) and gossip with them. woke up in the morning and ordered pizaa.
21. How did you spend New Years? 04-05 was spent at ilyses with my girls 05-06 was spent ilyses with many of the same girls =). both years were amazing.
new years 08-09....i dont remember...
new years 09-10,...heros marathon in my basement with robs.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
23. How many one-night stands?
not those kinds...i dont have real one-night stands...
24. What was your favourite TV program? nothing comares to friennnnnds hehe
heros kind of died. now law and order for sure.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
oooh i like these thurday next books. and i loved the books brock reccomended. and harry potter. oh i just like books.
mmm rereading myla goldberg recently, and love all of the jess darling books, liked what is the what, cried thru the book theif, loved look me in the eyes when youre talking to me
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
fall out boy, panic! at the disco. SHOTEI HANEVUA, ben kweller, so so so much.
teehee...eric hutchinson. and XM radio in general.
28. What did you want and get?
an ipod but i broke it
29. What was your favorite CD of this year? hmm idk
i dont have many DCs-again im going with e.hutchinson
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
askjsd thats a hard one.
MILK was incredible, valentines day was fun, a single man made me think all night
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
my friends came over on my birthday eve and drunk boys playedd non existant twister. then i did a community service project i had to do and then went to noodles with all my friends and then we went bowling and then played in byrd and then went back to my room and had a DP and then watched wet hot american summer and yeah lots of super things.
see above: piratez and oneg and dinner and sign of the whale with so many fun people
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
perhaps finding love or somenonse like that
blech to above...but potentially true.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
im a mess and cant dress myself. and i love sweatpants and beaters even tho the latter is prob see thru.
i have so many teacher clothes. everything i buy is esentially for teaching or for shabs.
34. What kept you sane?
my friends. and having my own space. and zumba in the fall
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
i went thru a big paul rudd phase.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
maybe things going on in Israel. but i tend to be very apathetic
37. Who do you miss?
everyone on NATIV esp. elanna. and people from home
robs and mir, elanna and dalf, my fams, and my cousins
38. Who was the best new person that you met? miriam and dina are pretty fab. oh and my roomie sarah is the flyest chicha youll ever meet. and so many others...too many to name
love love love the SSJC.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
try to not get caught in petty stuff, drink lots of water before bed!
don't compare myself to others and how they work.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"were gonna stay 18 forever...and we'll never miss a party"
"ha degel sheli..."
1. Did you make a New Year's resolution?
haha i dont remember
2. If so, what was it and did you go through with it?
3. Does it snow where you live?
dont remember Jan o9 but Jan 10 was snowpocolypseque
4. Do you like hot chocolate?
yes. with or without extras to warm me up even more
5. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?
nope. but its on my to do list
nope. ill do it one day. when i have someone i can stand to spend that many consecutive hours with
1. Who was your valentine this year?
no valentine :(
in 2009...i dont recall (in 2010 i kind of rejected FKB)
2. What did you get your valentine?
3. What did your valentine get you?
4. When you were little, did you buy Valentines for your whole class?
oh yes. personalized cards. "dear matt i like your red hair"
1. Are you Irish?
2. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?
if i remember too, yeah
yeah, i try
3. What did you do for St. Patty's day?
i went to school.
went to the city! saw the parade! went to an tish pub! had guiness! made friends with firemen! it was super fun
1. Do you like the rain?
if it's warm out of course
2. Did you play an April fool's joke on anyone this year?
haha i dont think so. maybe w/ mister schlith we did
OMG in 2008 i told the gemmies i was quitting and dalf i wasnt going back to camp. wasnt 2009 but was epiccc
3. Do you get tons of candy on Easter?
i dont celebrate easter
1. What's your favorite kind of flower?
oh idk. lillies are pretty?
yeah not such a flower girl
2. Do you like the spring?
i love it
3. Finish the phrase: April showers bring may flowers, but what do May Flowers bring?
may flowers bring june bees! YIKES
may flowers are trampled come jjune when migrash dancing starts
4. What would you think of as a spring color?
pink. how cliche. =)
thats a dumb queston
1. What year did you graduate from school?
2009 from college
2. Did you go on any vacations last June?
i went to the holy land!
1. What did you do on the 4th of July?
lovely ladies<3 aka spelt jesus all night long and then ran out of ketchup at lettypoos grandmas house.
i think i was home with fam. we had a BBQ on the 5th. maybe we went to see fireworks?
2. Would you consider yourself patriotic?
USA! USA! loving the olymopcs
3. Do you go on any vacations during this month?
1. Do you do anything special to end off your summer?
lol try and practice waking up early.
say goodbye for camp and get ready for school.
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05?
there are so many good NYACK memories. rasperry picking and campers and room 2 and playing at broccalis house.
oh shorashim! summer of berg was fun. loved shopping when dalferdoos came up
3. Do you go swimming a lot in the summer?
ehh not much. sometimes i went in the pool, but was more of a jungle gym for my campers
agreed with above
4. Do you go to the beach a lot?
not so much
1. Did you attend school/college in '05?
Univeristy of Mayland. ♥
aww i loved umd,
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher?
i liked Dr. F alot.
moon is wonderful
3. Do you like fall better than summer?
yeah. its crisp.
1. What was your favorite Halloween costume ever?
when shmerling was a facebook profile
zenon was fun last year.
2. Do you still go trick or treating?
not this year, but i miss trick or treating! maybe next year
im too old. wah wah
3. What's your favorite candy?
mmm i love reeses
stiiil loving the reses
4. What did you dress up like this year?
sup, slutty football player?
hahaha i dont think i celebrated halloween this year
1. Who's house do you usually go to for thanksgiving?
mine or my uncles
now its often kenny and jamis
2. Do you like stuffing?
sometimes ill try it, but there are too many mystery items in it and that freaks me out. hehe
true story: stuffing is really kinda like mushy bread. i am no longer afraid, and often like it, depending on spices
3. What are you thankful for?
so much. mostly, my opportunities, my family, and my friends
same as above...
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?
nope. but i did go out on xmas eve
3. What do you want this year for Christmas?
i dont celebrate christms you silly
4. What's the best present you ever got for Christmas?
someone one gave me m&ms for christmas. they were good
5. Do you like cold weather?
6. Do you or anyone you know have a birthday in this month?
mommy does! and other fun people too, im sure
|comments: Leave a comment|